President Donald Trump reshapes his executive branch avoiding the words “You’re hired.” Officials with “acting” titles abound in key roles, from the secretary of defense to the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, and even chief of staff. (April 9)
WASHINGTON – Warner Bros. Pictures appears to have shut down a video posted on Twitter by President Donald Trump, citing a copyright issue.
The two-minute 2020 campaign video, set to the score from the 2012 blockbuster “The Dark Knight Rises,” was unavailable Tuesday night, just hours after Trump had posted it to Twitter.
“The use of Warner Bros.’ score from ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ in the campaign video was unauthorized. We are working through the appropriate legal channels to have it removed,” a company spokesperson said in a statement.
The video was gone by Tuesday night, replaced with a message that read: “This media has been disabled in response to a report by the copyright owner.”
The video opened showing by Washington, D.C., and a number of Democrats, including former President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, who lost to Trump in the 2016 election.
Messages in gray letters popped up across a pure black background. “First they ignore you,” one reads. “Then they laugh at you.” The last reads: “Then they call you racist.”
As the music intensified, Trump was shown at rallies and within the White House.
The video showed a variety of pivotal moments during Trump’s first term, including his meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and the end of special counsel Robert Mueller investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. The video shows a headline, saying Mueller’s office found no proof of conspiracy between the Kremlin and Trump’s campaign.
The video ended with messages stretched across the screen, saying “your vote proved them all wrong” and dubbing Trump’s 2020 election “the great victory.”
The video amassed 1.85 million views within first five hours of Trump tweeting it to his millions of followers.
It’s unclear whether the president or his campaign created the video. BuzzFeed, which first reported that Warner Bros. was seeking to remove the video, also reported that the footage was taken from Reddit.
It’s not the first time Trump has taken heat for using music in his campaigning.
Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has demanded Trump stop using his songs at political rallies. The 70-year-old rocker sent Trump a cease-and-desist letter last year after the commander-in-chief played Aerosmith’s hit song “Livin’ on the Edge” at a rally in West Virginia.
“Mr. Trump is creating the false impression that our client has given his consent for the use of his music, and even that he endorses the presidency of Mr. Trump,” the letter obtained by USA TODAY read.
Tyler’s legal team said Trump’s use of the song is a trademark infringement and a “violation of our client’s rights of privacy.”
Contributing: Cydney Henderson, USA TODAY
Read or Share this story: http://bit.ly/2GbP1Qf